Requirements for induction:
• All nominees must have had a positive impact on sports in Cherokee County.
• His or her athletic performance or support must have been considered outstanding during his or her time of participation.
• If the nominee was a player or a sports participant, he or she must no longer be a participant in the sport for which they were nominated and he or she must or would have been at least 40 years of age; or,
• If the nominee is not a player, sports participant or coach, he or she could continue being active in support of the activity for which they were nominated, but must be or would have been at least 40 years of age; or,
• If the nominee is being nominated as a “Contributor” he or she must have worked within the Cherokee County athletic community in its best interest in an outstanding manner for a minimum of twenty years.
• If the nominee is a coach or athletic professional, he or she could continue coaching or being active in the profession, but must be or would be at least 50 years of age; and
• Nominees must be a native of Cherokee County or attended a school in Cherokee County for a minimum of 2 years, or participated in Cherokee County as a coach, instructor, or athletic professional for a minimum of 5 years.
• Any sitting member of the Board of Directors on the Cherokee County Sports Hall of Fame cannot be considered as a nominee finalist during his or her first year on the Board.
• Nominations will remain in effect for three years after the date of nomination.
Complete and submit the following online application. Email additional information, including newspaper clippings, photographs(.jpg format) or other supporting documentation in PDF format, to: email@example.com .
THIS IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE NOMINATION PROCESS.
If you prefer, you may download and print the application and send it via US Mail.
Click to download the printable form: